We’re getting a flood of questions coming in from our readers looking for info on the new Ford F-Max truck.
The big question, and the one we get asked most often, is – will it come to Australia?
At this stage we would say that is unlikely, however we will keep you updated as we get further info on the new Ford truck to hand.
In the meantime, and with a goal of answering your potential questions on the F-MAX, here’s a guide to some of the known info we have on the truck.
Ford F-MAX Key Info:
- It has already won the biggest prize in trucking – International Truck of the Year.
- The F-MAX was designed and tested by Ford Otosan engineers in Turkey over a 5-year period.
- Tests were carried out in 11 countries on 4 continents using 233 prototype units.
- The testing involved 15,500 hours in the lab testing and 5 million kilometres on the road.
- The Ford F-MAX has a 2.5m-wide cab.
- The dashboard was designed to ensure all functions are within easy reach of the driver.
- It has a flat floor providing 2160mm of floor-to-ceiling height.
- F-Max has a 90-degree foldable upper bed.
- There is airplane-style overbed storage, and exterior storage areas on both sides of the cab.
- The F-MAX is powered by a 492hp/2500Nm Ecotorq Euro 6 compliant engine.
- The engine produces 400kW of braking power and up to 1000KW total braking power with the optional intarder.
- A 12-speed ZF automated transmission will come as standard.
- Will come standard with adaptive and predictive cruise control.
- Ford promising up to 7% reduced maintenance costs over previous models.
- Advanced Emergency Braking leads the safety systems, along with Stability Control and Lane Departure Warning.
- Infotainment system to feature sat-nav and Apple CarPlay.