The Australian Trucking Association (ATA) today confirmed that registrations had opened for its 2018 Technology and Maintenance Conference (TMC).
A new event on the calendar, the ATA Chair Geoff Crouch tells us the 2018 event will focus on technology and the real skills that the industry will always need.
“Our new TMC is the trucking industry’s premier gathering of professionals, maintenance technicians, apprentices, fleet managers and technical fleet professionals,”
“This year we have revised the program to increase our focus on technology, as well as the key issues of safety, productivity, environment, costs and careers.
“Our industry is changing fast. The businesses that prosper into the future will be the ones that seize new ideas, while maintaining the skills that the industry will always need.
“TMC is also an opportunity for apprentices and professionals alike to further their careers by gaining knowledge, developing new skills and building their networks.”
The 2018 TMC program format includes:
- Hands-on demonstrations in the interactive workshop zone
- Core sessions on key industry issues
- Job-specific workshops and presentations
- TMC Expo featuring latest industry products and services
- Networking, career building and mentorship opportunities.
The event, which will be held in Melbourne in October, will also incapsulate the ATA’s Castrol Vecton Awards Dinner and the announcement of the winner of the 2018 Craig Roseneder Award.
- Related: Iveco recalls some ACCOs over axle issue
- Related: More investment in EV tech by Cummins
- Related: Eaton/Cummins team up on Automated Manual Transmissions
Stay up to date with the latest Truck and Bus Industry News at heavyvehicles.com.au.