Fuso tell us customer feedback behind 2017 Canter refresh…
The Fuso Canter has been a consistently strong seller in Australia, however the Japanese truck company tell us some customers have asked for a more comfortable cabin.
So, Fuso has responded with a significant make-over of the Canter cabin.
Fuso dealerships are now taking delivery of the updated Fuso Canter and while the exterior remains the same (except for a slight grille design tweak) the cabin is significantly different.
2017 Fuso Canter Interior Improvements include:
- More comfortable/supportive seats
- Inclusion of vinyl side bolstering to protect fabric
- Dark seat fabric
- Updated black/grey dashboard and door panels
- Silver-painted highlights
- New ceiling-mounted LED room lamp
- Addition of a sun visor pocket
- Addition of a floor mounted bottle tray
- Addition of a storage compartment in middle seatback
While the only mechanical improvement coming to the refreshed Canter is a hill holder function on the automated manual transmission.
Cruise control is also now standard in the Fuso Canter.
Fuso Truck and Bus Director, Justin Whitford, says the changes make the Canter more user-friendly.
“Canter already had the best-in-class payload, as well as excellent efficiency and performance, but we have introduced several targeted initiatives aimed at further increased efficiency for our customers,”
“These changes make the Canter range an even more cost-effective tool for any job.”
The update to the Canter comes as the manufacturer announced a new five-year warranty (details here).